Central Illinois Attorney Assists Families in Divorce Matters
The dissolution of a marriage can be emotional and stressful, even when both partners agree that it's the right decision. At Kate Murray Law, we help ease this strain so that you can concentrate on the health and well-being of your family. Representing divorcing spouses in the Champaign-Urbana area and throughout Central Illinois, we work to reach favorable arrangements for the care of your children and the division of your shared property.
Committed advocate strives for fair and personalized service.
At Kate Murray Law, we listen to your needs and consider your goals in order to develop solutions that will work for your family. At the heart of our work is the best interest of your children. We handle matters of:
- Child Custody and Decision Making — This refers to the location where your child will live, how parenting time will be split between you and your spouse and how you and your spouse will make major decisions about your child’s life.
- Child Support — A number of factors are used to determine child support obligations including each parent’s income, the number of overnights each parent has with their child and the child’s particular needs.
- Distribution of Assets — The division of your home and other assets often depends on whether property is owned by a couple ("marital property") or by just one spouse.
- Division of Debts — Both spouses may be responsible for debts accrued by the couple, or one partner may be found to be more responsible.
- Spousal Support — Depending on the length of your marriage you may be eligible for spousal support, also known as alimony, on a permanent or temporary basis.
Contact a trusted Illinois divorce attorney.
At Kate Murray Law, we represent divorcing spouses throughout Central Illinois. Call us at 217-903-5073 or contact us online to schedule a consultation.